zaterdag 3 november 2007

Travel by Food & Stroopwafels


The website "Travel By Food" wrote about Stroopwafels. "Travel by food" is a website for people who have a greater understanding of different food from different culture around the world. Beaver Tail, Fishball noodle,Herring, Frites met Mayo ...... etc .... This is what they wrote about Stroopwafels: "On my second last day of my Netherland's trip. I visited the shopping district(Grote Marktstraat) of The Hague. I found a Stroopwafels stand right at the middle of a busiest shopping intersection. Locals were buying freshly made Stroopwafels. Both in single piece and in pack. Stroopwafels is a Caramel Syrup Waffle Cookie, and means "Syrup waffles" in Dutch. It is 2 pieces of round waffel wafers with caramel syrup fillings. There are 2 sizes available. The bigger size which is about 7 inches in diameters is around €1.5 and smaller 2.5 inches in pack of 10. There was a bit of breeze and chill on that day in The Hague, that hot freshly made syrup waffles really kept me warm. In the waffle stand pictures, you can see the owner was spreading the caramel syrup fillings and combining the waffels together." Find it all at: http://www.travelbyfood.com/streetfoodholland1.php

1 opmerking:

Queen B. zei

I LOVE STROOPWAFELS ! I'M TRYING TO FIND A PLACE ONLINE TO BUY THEM.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW !!!!! I LOVE DAELMANS BEST.